On any bike trip, rider comfort is essential. This is why we highly recommend that you bring your own riding gear. Ideally protective riding gear with shoulder, elbow, knee and thigh protection. We can have some cold riding conditions, particularly in Lesotho and some of our mountainous routes, so rather be over prepared.
Boots, helmets, gloves and riding jackets etc can be purchased locally at an extra cost but you will need to arrive a day earlier for us to arrange this.
- An International Motorcycle Licence for motorcycles greater than 600cc.
- Riding gear. Helmet with a good visor, sun glasses, boots, riding jacket with removable inners, riding pants, rain gear, buff and gloves.
- Cameras, phones, chargers etc. It’s a good idea to have dust proof covers for these items.
- Items of a personal nature, basic first aid kit, sun cream, mosquito repellent, meds, toiletries etc.
- Documents such as passport, own valid travel and cancellation insurance with emergency contact numbers, airline confirmation and ticket or e-ticket.
- Credit card. Mastercard or Visa. Some South African Rands for refreshments.
- Clothing for after the daily ride. Most of our hotels are happy with smart casual attire in the evenings and casual wear for game drives etc. A warm fleece-lined jacket is light to carry and can also be used for early morning on the bike.
- Preferably soft luggage. It’s easier to carry in the back-up vehicle.